Modern life is getting as hectic as it can get. Stress seems to be an integral part of our lives. In order to cope with it, it’s very important to relax, your mind and body. Yoga can help you attain the natural state of body and mind – relaxed.
Both deep and slow breathing calms down your mind and re-energizes your body.
Just a 5-minute break a day can help you get through. Follow the instructions below carefully before you practice:
- Sit on a chair with your spine as straight as possible. DO NOT SLOUCH. Take care that your feet are resting comfortable on the floor. If not, put a cushion or books under your feet.
- Rest your hands on the top of your legs.
- Now close your eyes slowly and relax totally.
- Now inhale slowly, feel the air filing up your lungs, your ribs expanding out and up.
- Then exhale slowly, emptying your lungs fully.
- Repeat the above for 2-3 minutes. You can increase this gradually to 5-10 minutes.
Take the 5 minute break at least once a day and feel the difference!