As promised in my last blog, I will tell you about some simple techniques for doing yoga at office.
- Place your feet¬† apart and bend forward.
- Then look down at your feet. Your feet should be parallel (||).
- If you are sitting, ensure that your hips and your knees are in right angles.
- Sit straight and tall at the edge of your chair.
Technique for de-stressing yourself:
It is often seen that we yawn heavily at the start of the day or in the post-lunch session. This indicates that we are terribly stressed out. This breathing technique will help you to release your stress.
- Put your right thumb on your right nostril.
- Deeply breathe in and out the air using your left nostril.
- Similarly press your left nostril with your right index finger.
- Inhale and exhale as much as air you can.
- Practice this for 1 minute.
- Keep your hands IPL on your waist and slowly lower your chin so that your neck is relaxed.
- Your entire body should be straight while you are doing this exercise.
- Hold 2/3 breath with you neck lowered.
- Gradually lift up your neck to its neutral position.
- Then lower you right ear to your right shoulder and repeat the same for the left side.
- Finally rotate your entire neck from its right to the central neutral position. Keep 2-3 breaths for areas where you need a relaxation.
- Repeat the same for the left side.
Technique for eye exercise:
It is the eyes which get the most affected¬† while doing any kind of work. Overusing your eyes, improper light during work and stress can prove harmful to your eyes. Do this simple exercise and save your precious eyes.
- Look forward and straight.
- Gradually look up towards the ceiling keeping your head & neck in the neutral position and by sucking in the air.
- Slowly drop your sight down on the floor while taking out the air and maintaining the position of the neck and head.
- Practice this at least 5 times.
- Then blink your eyes several times and close them to relax.
- Do the same side wise.
- Then gradually rotate your eyes in a clockwise manner.