"Agni" connotes 'fire' in Sanskrit. In this pranayama the internal fire is stirred up, thus increasing the body heat.
- Stand erect with your legs fairly apart and hands hanging by the sides.
- Bend your trunk forward and bend your knees slightly.
- Place your palms on the corresponding knees.
- Exhale completely.
- As in Uddiyana Bandha, retain your breath.
- Blow out your stomach without inhaling.
- Keep this for about 2 seconds.
- Pull in your stomach.
- Pull in and blow out your stomach 4-6 times.
- Repeat steps 4-10 four to five times.
- Do not practice this pranayama after a meal.
- Pregnant and menstruating women should not perform this pose.
- This pranayama should be avoided by people with abdominal surgery.
- This pranayama improves digestion.
- Agnisara is an energy booster.
- This pranayama helps reduce fat from your abs.
- Blood circulation to the digestive system is increased.