Anantasana- Sleeping Vishnu Pose
"Ananta" is another name for Vishnu. This pose reflects the sleeping pose of Vishnu on his serpent.
- Lie down on the floor on your back, legs extended and hands by the side.
- Turn to the left, fold your left hand at the elbow.
- Place the elbow on the ground.
- Raise your head and support it with the left palm.
- Place your right hand in front of the chest.
- Breathe normally.
- Fold the right leg at the knee and place the toes of right foot on the upper left thigh.
- Keep the right leg straight so that the knee is pointing up..
- Hold the big toe of the right leg with your right hand.
- Breathing normally, hold this posture for about a minute
- Release the right leg and slowly return to supine position.
- Turn on the other side and repeat by alternating legs.
- Anantasana can improve blood circulation.
- This yoga pose helps stretch hamstring and calves.