"Bhramar" means 'bee' in Sanskrit. In this pranayama a humming sound is produced while breathing just like a bee.
- Sit comfortably in Padmasana.
- Place your right hand on your nose.
- Keep the right thumb near the right nostril.
- Do not close the right nostril.
- Take a long and deep breath through both nostril.
- Close your right nostril by pressing the right thumb.
- Hold your breath for sometime.
- While exhaling, hold your larynx with your right hand to produce a humming sound.
- It clears the throat and helps develop a melodious voice.
- Pregnant women can perform Bhramari to prepare for labor.
- Hypertension and depression can be overcome with regular performance of this pranayama.