Sukhasna -Comfortable Pose
"Sukh" means 'pleasant' or 'comfortable' in Sanskrit. This is a cross-legged posture where you are totally at ease.
- Sit down on the floor.
- Stretch the legs in front.
- Keep your head, neck and spine erec.
- Fold the left leg at the knee and bring it closer to the body.
- Lift your right knee and slide your left foot under the right thigh. The sole of the left foot should be turned up.
- Similarly, fold the right leg and put your right foot under the left calf.
- The sole should be tilted up and the foot should support the left shin.
- Place your hands gently on the corresponding knees.
- Keeping the head, neck and spine erect, maintain this posture for as long as you are comfortable.
- Stretch out the legs in front in reverse order.
- Repeat by interchanging the position of the legs.
- It is the easiest yoga pose and can be practiced by one and all.
- This asana can help you relax your mind and body.
- This is the posture you should assume for sitting.