In this pranayama, inhalation is done only through the right nostril.
- Sit in Padmasana, keeping your head, neck and back erect.
- Place your right thumb on the right nostril and the middle finger on the left nostril.
- Place your index finger in the space between the two eyebrows.
- Close the left nostril and breathe through the right nostril, filling up your lungs.
- Close both nostrils and apply Jalandhara Bandha.
- Raise your head and lift the chin from the throat cavity.
- Close your right nostril and exhale completely through the left nostril.
- You can hold your breath for a longer time with time and practic.
- Start with 10 repetitions and increase it up to 40.
- This pranayama gets rid of all impurities from your body.
- People suffering from asthma, cold and gastric problems can get relief from Surya Bheda.
- Your immune system will get stronger.
- Digestion improves.
- Surya Bheda helps release heat from your body.