Swastikasana - Auspicious Pose
"Swastika" refers to 'auspicious' in Sanskrit.
- Sit down on the floor.
- Stretch out your legs in front.
- Hold the ankle of the right foot and place it in between left thigh and knee.
- Likewise put the left foot in between right thigh and knee.
- Keep your neck, head and back erect.
- Put the palms on the corresponding knees and arrange your fingers in Gyan Mudra.
- Fix your gaze at the tip of the nose.
- Come out of the pose by stretching out the right leg and then the left leg.
- This is a good pose for meditation and relaxation.
- Spinal column is stretched and becomes stronger.
- Abdominal muscles get toned with regular practice of Swastikasana.
- The asana relaxes your mind and body.
- High blood pressure patients can practice this pose to alleviate B.P.